17 March, 2006

Spring Break.

I spent the week travelling with Tahoe. My first stop was Holy Trinity Monastery near Benson.













I have never been to a monastery before. It was really pretty. I walked around, lit a prayer candle, and hoped to see some monks. I wondered if they really had those funny haircuts. Sadly, I never found out.














This is the meditation garden. It had a pond with the biggest koi I have ever seen. They were about a foot and a half long.










We camped at City of Rocks State Park. The name is very fitting. This "city" was out in the middle of the flat desert and seemed somehow out of place.











The boulders are volcanic tuff which have been shaped by wind and water. They made a nice hiking and camping spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home