04 August, 2006

Houston Brothers Trail

We explored the historic Pinchot Cabin site.
We only hiked part of the trail since it was getting dark and cloudy.
This is one of the many animals Tahoe chased. Others included squirrels, rabbits, elk, woodpeckers, and wild turkeys.
We found a great campsite overlooking a wooded valley. The sky opened up, and it looked like God was saying something.
It poured for several hours at night. The lightening was striking all around us, and the ground rumbled every time it thundered. I thought Tahoe might get scared, but he didn't even seem to notice. In the morning, I let him out of the tent, and he wandered around for a couple hours by himself while I was still sleeping. I don't know what he was up to, but he was ready for another nap after it.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

That is pretty awesome that you can trust Tahoe not to get lost. I don't think I could say the same about Frank but, hey... ya never know.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

P.S. Tahoe looks very handsome in his little sweater/jacket thing.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Yes, he's a good doggy. And thank you very much for the nice, totally nonsarcastic compliment. :) Does Frank need a jacket? I bet Tahoe could hook him up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home