15 October, 2006

Bear Canyon Trail

We hiked one of the most beautiful trails in Sedona. The views were spectacular!
The trail rose steeply 1,800 feet in elevation. We enjoyed a 360 degree view of the towering sandstone cliffs, mesas, and spires.
Tahoe was too chicken to stand out on this ledge with me. He walked all the way over there, took one look over the edge, and scurried away. None of my persuasion tactics or lies about getting a treat worked.
The dramatic red hues of the sandtone increased as the sun went down.
I amused myself with that all American activity of throwing rocks over the edge. Traci scolded me and said, "There might be someone down there."

I managed to get a nice shot of Traci and Tahoe both looking at the camera at the same time.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger emily said...

Your pictures are AMAZING!! I love my Iowa landscape but envy you so when I see what you get to do with that adorable dog or yours. Nature is something where you are. I love that far away shot of you on the ledge. Neat.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Thanks! Traci happens to be from Cedar Rapids too, and she often says the same thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home