15 October, 2007

Roosevelt Lake

A hawk flying over the lake at sunset.
This is the southern view of the Sierra Ancha Wilderness / Experimental Forest. ASU students do a lot of research there regarding wildlife, habitat, wildfire recovery, etc.
Naturally, I camped right on the edge of a large mesa overlooking the lake. You can see all the dry washes leading into it. This lake used to be the Salt River which the Indians used to cultivate crops.
I forgot to bring a can opener, so I had to pry the top off with my knife, and I was also low on fuel, so I warmed it the old fashioned way. Normally, I don't bring cans because it creates cumbersome garbage for me to tote out of the wilderness. Actually, Tahoe carries the garbage out in his backpack, but don't tell him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home