11 October, 2008

Killer Views!

This is one of my top 5 favorite views in Arizona. You can see everything: Verde Valley, Cottonwood, the red rock of Sedona, and the San Francisco Peaks. There was a small fire to the right of the peaks, maybe a controlled burn.
I had planned on camping near the edge of the cliff, but it was so windy that I decided to head back into the forest.
Normally I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, but stick me in a tent, and I'll sleep 12 hours! Tahoe always gets up earlier than me, so I just unzip the tent, and he wanders around outside and then comes back when he's done.
I was surprised to find this tree across the trail. It was not here when we hiked in. The strong winds must have pushed it over during the night.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Meandering Michael said...

Hey! The pictures don't seem to be showing...

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Yeah, stupid blogger. Thanks, I'll repost them. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home