21 March, 2009

St. John

It took three planes and a boat to get me to St. John. This is the Virgin Islands National Park Visitor Center.
The island is still very natural since most of it is protected under National Park status. There are no billboards or telephone poles to spoil its natural beauty.
The turpentine trees look like they have a really bad sunburn, and their red skin peels off in flakes.
I did a lot of hiking during my trip. My first hike was to secluded Salomon Beach. Little white sand crabs darted out of their sand homes and peered at me sideways.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger JVinlove said...

Wow - I just caught up on your blog. Your trip to the islands looks sooo amazing - your photos are excellent!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Thanks, it was amazing! I would definitely recommend Cinnamon Bay Campground. It is very family friendly. I saw kids running around the beach, so happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home