07 September, 2009

Foote Creek

We backpacked a forested trail in the Blue Range Wilderness over the weekend. The trail heads up a mountain and then down into a deep canyon with a spring. When we got to P-Bar Lake, Tahoe saw the water and raced toward it but didn't realize there was a marsh around it. He submerged up to his eyes and leapt out of the water with amazing speed. He did not do that again on the way back.
I discovered how the pleasing fungus beetle got their name. They love mushrooms and devour them for hours! There were crowds of them on this fallen log.
I saw lots of wild turkeys, deer, and an elk.
I kept hearing a thudding sound, and it took me a while to realize that it was the two trees beside my tent. They were swaying in the wind and knocking each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home