28 March, 2012

Backpacking White Sands


We backpacked into the dunes where there are 10 primitive sites.  They are first-come-first-serve, and you have to go back to the visitor center each day to check if they are doing missile testing the next day and it's safe to camp.  I was also handed a brochure with pictures of missles that said DON'T TOUCH. 

These dunes have depressions where we can camp.  We got #10 the first night; I liked that spot. 

You're supposed to camp near the marker. 
We explored our surrounding dunes and found a lizard. 
 Like my hole? It' pack-in-pack-out, except for one thing. 

I forgot Tahoe's sleeping mat that night, so he hogged my mattress.  He also managed to pee on his jacket, and it smelled awful, so we had to improvise the rest of the trip.  It turns out we have the same shirt size. 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

It was very nice of you to share clothing with Tahoe.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Of course, he's my baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home