11 October, 2008

Woodchute Trail

Tahoe and I were very excited as we set out on the trail. Sometimes I have trouble getting his pack weight distributed evenly, so this time I gave up and stuck a small rock in one side of his pack, and it worked like a charm.
The trail begins in a transitional zone, so there is an interesting mix of desert and forest plants. I saw several agave families like this one. There were also lots of juniper, ponderosa, and even some large patches of sweet smelling sage.
It was the perfect time to see the fiery yellow oak leaves.
There's no water on this trail, except this nasty cow tank which I refuse to drink from. I have only resorted to drinking from a tank once, and after filtering the water twice, and it still smelled like crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home