02 January, 2009

Lower LaBarge Canyon

This was the view from my tent on the first night.
I was going to head further up river that day, but I was attacked by a cholla and had to do some minor surgery to remove the 15 stubborn fish hook needles from my leg. Good thing I was wearing pants, or it would have been much worse. Tahoe hardly ever gets stuck with cacti needles. I think he is better at avoiding them than me. I always keep an eye on him though because he will never let me know that he is stuck, so I watch him walkiing and standing to make sure he is not favoring one leg.
Pretty sand ripples.
Look how smooth the granite rock is from thousands of years of erosion.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home