26 June, 2011

Thorani Fountain

 
I saw 2 stars on my map, and that's why we ended up at these places. The first is Thorani Fountain. It was so anticlimactic, that while standing 30 feet from the fountain, I had to ask where it was. It features a woman, and the water streams out from her hair. People stop to offer her treats, and apparantly, she really likes red Fanta.

 
That made me really thirsty for red Fanta, so I went to the nearest lady with a cart which was like 10 feet away and asked for a cold Fanta. She asked if I wanted ice. That seemed kind of weird, but sure. Who doesn't like ice? Like many things do when I'm travelling, it all became clear later. She was trying to recycle the bottle, and this is how they do it. They pour your drink in a bag, and fill it with ice, and then you can just carry it around conveniently.

 
We were the only visitors at the Pig Shrine. Weird! Where were all the tourists today? The pig shrine celebrates people born in the year of the pig, especially some Queen of Rama the something. I was not born in the year of the pig, but after seeing this shrine, I really wish I was.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never had Fanta. I think I might have to try it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home